The holiday season is a time for joy, laughter, and good food, but it’s also a time when many people’s fitness goals take a backseat. It can be tough to find time to work out and eat healthy, but don’t worry! There are ways to stay in shape during the Christmas holidays without sacrificing any of the fun.
Don't set aside your fitness routine
The holidays can be a busy time of year, but it’s important to make time for your fitness routine. Any workout, no matter how short, is better than no workout at all. Even a few minutes of exercise can make a difference, so don’t be afraid to get moving!
Here are a few tips to stay active:
- Get up early and head to the gym before everyone else is still sleeping. This is a great way to avoid distractions and get your workout done before your day gets started.
- Move more throughout the day, even if it’s just in small ways. Go for a walk after meals, park your car further away, or take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Plan outdoor activities for the whole family, such as sledding, skiing, or ice skating.
Prioritize strength workouts.
Strength training builds and maintains muscle mass, which helps you burn more calories at rest and makes it easier to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
- Try to do strength workouts at least 2-3 times per week.
- Focus on compound exercises that work multiple muscle groups at the same time (squats, lunges, deadlifts, bench presses, and overhead presses).
- You can do strength workouts at home with bodyweight exercises, or you can use dumbbells or resistance bands.
Set realistic fitness goals and reward yourself
It’s important to set realistic fitness goals for yourself, especially during the holidays. Don’t try to do too much too soon, or you’re more likely to give up.
- If you’re new to exercise, start with shorter workouts and gradually increase the duration and intensity as you get stronger.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself if you miss a workout or two. Just pick up where you left off the next day.
- Remember to reward yourself for your hard work! For example, enjoy a massage on your ErgoSportive™ bed to soothe your muscles, then elevate your feet to reduce swelling and improve circulation.
Get the most out of your rest during the holidays
Sleep is essential for good health, especially during the busy holiday season. Here are a few tips to help you get a good night’s sleep, even when the festivities are in full swing:
- Кeep your circadian rhythm in check
Aim to stick to a consistent sleep schedule, even if it means missing out on a Christmas party or going home early. Your overall health will thank you.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
Lack of sleep can make it harder to maintain your weight by decreasing your levels of leptin, the hormone that makes you feel full, and increasing your levels of ghrelin, the hormone that makes you feel hungry.
- Get the most of your rest with an adjustable bed
The ErgoSportive™ bed is designed to help you get your best night’s sleep, with smart features like an adjustable base, anti-snore function, and vibration motors. It’s like having a personal Santa Claus, delivering presents of energy, muscle repair, and cognitive function.
Enjoy the holidays to the fullest, but don’t forget to take care of yourself too. Your body will thank you for it in the new year!